Friday, January 3, 2014

Skin Brightening Kiwi Mask – A Refreshing Facial Mask that Exfoliates and Brightens the Skin

I promised myself to make the most of each season and this includes winters, with snowboarding and skiing being two of the new activities that I plan on undertaking. Having said this, I know all too well that my enthusiasm will only last until the first snow and once freezing weather sets in, I’ll be dreaming of summer once again. One thing that is particularly worrisome is the fact that my dry skin will suffer the most and will prevent me from enjoying the winter sports.
If you are facing the same predicament, I can only recommend you the same product that I plan on using to keep my skin moist and healthy. Kiwi is one of the best fruits for this job and it is just as suitable for internal and external use, so don’t hesitate to stockpile it. I love eating kiwi throughout the day and after all, what’s not to like as it is good for me and tastes delicious. More recently I started using the fruit to prepare a hydrating face mask that leaves my skin moist and radiant.

Why These Ingredients?

This furry little brown-skinned super fruit pairs up with yogurt in this recipe to gently lift dead, dulling skin cells. The extra pinch of lemon accelerates the process while brightening and helping to even out skin tone. Among the beneficial side-effects of kiwi, I should mention the fact that due to its high concentration of vitamin C, it prevents bacteria from causing acne and other infections. Used regularly the kiwi face mask will make your skin elastic and you will look a couple of years younger without spending a fortune, not to mention that you will start enjoying winter.
Kiwi-mask
Here’s what you need:
2 ripe kiwi
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1 quarter of a fresh lemon
1 tbsp sweet almond (or olive oil, avocado oil)
newPostLabel_Instructions
kiwi-mask
Peel and cut kiwi into chunks and then puree them in a blender until smooth (I pre-cut my kiwis and stored them in the freezer for future use). In a small bowl, mix the pureed kiwi in with the yogurt and finish the mixture off with a squirt of the lemon and a tbsp of almond oil.
kiwi-mask
Spoon a dollop onto your fingertips and apply to the entire face, avoiding the eye area. Gently massage the kiwi facial mask onto your face and neck in small circles, allowing the tiny kiwi seeds to gently lift dead skin cells (you may feel a little bit of tingling sensation). Leave the mask on until it dries for 15 to 20 minutes and then rinse well. Follow up with your regular moisturizer or sunscreen.

*Refrigerated mask can last up to one week

Who Should Use This Mask:

Anyone with any skin type. It’s great for oily, dry, and normal skin types. It’s cleansing, softening, and brightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment