Monday, January 6, 2014

avoid blister from shoes



I don’t walk much and I rarely run, but although I am increasingly dependent on my car, there are times when I remember how important it is to wear comfortable shoes. Unfortunately, there are plenty of cases when I have to choose between elegance and comfort and I’m not ashamed to admit that in most cases, I choose the looks. The result is easy to predict and for a couple of hours of glamor, I end up paying many more hours of suffering caused by blisters.
Since most of my shoes are meant to be worn only a couple of hours and is not a good idea to walk long distances in them, you can only imagine what happens when I try to bend the rules. I have to say that on the long run I end up paying more money on creams and adhesive bandages to deal with the effects, not to mention that I deal with perpetual pain.
It didn’t take me long to reach the conclusion that it is always better to prevent than to cure, but sadly I’ve only recently discovered the practical solution.
It all comes down to friction. It might be from too-big toes sliding forward on high heel shoes, too-small running shoes, or too-sweaty toes rubbing together in flats. So if you want to prevent blisters you need to decrease it as much as possible you need to smoothen things, literally.
friction-block
Band-Aid Friction Block Stick is pretty much all you need and whenever you expect to walk longer distances than usual, make sure to use a little on those areas that are more likely to rub against the shoe. You can get it from Target or from any drugstores and the fact that it is in compact-size, you can conveniently stow in a purse, pocket, or exercise bag to use and reapply on-the-go!

No comments:

Post a Comment