Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Quick Beauty DIY : Make your Own Hands and Body Scrub

I’m happy to say that I’ve been blessed with a beautiful backyard, and since I’m not afraid of getting my hands dirty, I take care of the plants myself. This oasis of serenity is invaluable for me, and I find it both relaxing and exciting to expand my collection of flowers with new editions every week. If there is one downside to gardening, then this has to be the fact that whenever I come back inside, my hands are as dirty and dull as they get.
sugar-scrub

Soap and water work wonders in most cases, but those who share my passion for gardening are probably well aware of the difficulty of properly cleaning your hands after such a session. My sensitive skin is not responding well to cleaning products that are rich in chemicals, and I’d rather stay away from those whose names I can’t even spell. I’ve heard about homemade hand/body scrub solutions, but until I took special interest in my backyard and its flurry of plants I wasn’t too keen on buying such a product.
While this didn’t change, the difference resides in the fact that after conducting some research on this matter, I’ve stumbled with a solution of making your own hands/body scrub. I strongly believe that it is as good as any of those similar products that one can purchase in a store, without hurting my skin as a side effect. It takes little time in the making and by following a few steps you can be successful from the first try.
scrub-exfoliate
You’ll Need:
4 tbsp Granulated Sugar
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 drop essential oil of your choice -(optional)
newPostLabel_Instructions
Simply mix all the above ingredients and you are ready to go. Apply the mixture and work it in a gentle circular motion all over your hands or you can take it up a little bit into your arm to remove impurities and dead skin. Rinse thoroughly and be amazed how your hands look much younger and feel softer. Apply hands moisturizer as usual to protect that new skin.
This wonder scrub doesn’t stop here, as you can prepare a bigger batch (remember to make 2:1 ratio) and store it in a container. Leave it in your bathroom and use it as a body scrub as well. I like adding essential oils particularly lavender oil to this sugar scrub because of its calming effects aside from its antiseptic and anti fungal properties.

No comments:

Post a Comment