Thursday, January 2, 2014

How to Treat Cracked Heels and Blackened Feet

I would never forget one scenario where I got a glimpse of cracked heels gone crazy. Me and my cousin were lounging at the airport waiting for our connecting flight following an exhausting trip. While chilling out, it is inevitable to gaze at the people near us but lo and behold, I spotted a lady who was seating in front of us with heels so chapped and sooty. It was a horrible sight, indeed.
I couldn’t help but chuckled secretly to avoid myself bursting into laughter because I understand that it’s improper to make someone look and feel bad. But odd enough, my eyes were drawn to those awful feet, thinking WTH is going on.
cracked-heels
So I tried to calm myself down and in my recollection, I remember battling with chapped or cracked heels couple of years ago and obviously, I attempted a lot of things to remedy the issue but in vain until I found some simple solutions to get my heels returned to its normal state.
You’ll need:
Shaving Cream
Listerine (or any mouthwash)
Deep Moisturizing Lotion
Just Follow this simple 6-step Solution:

1.) Put shaving cream on your feet or the affected area.
2.) In a bucket or sink, combine equal parts warm water and Listerine.
3.) Soak a small hand towel in the solution of water and Listerine.
4.) While the shaving cream is still on your feet wrap the wet hand towel around your feet and let it sit for 30 minutes.
5.) After 30 minutes, use the towel to rub your feet. Some of the calloused and discolored skin will be rubbed off.
6.) Apply a healthy amount of lotion to your feet.
 Make sure to dry your feet well particularly in between the toes after using this method and refrain from wearing socks and shoes on while feet feel damp as this can trigger the bacteria to grow and thrive.
Be mindful that this procedure literally takes off a layer of skin, so apply this technique only once a week otherwise your feet will become sore.
Note: You must take exceptional precaution if you have diabetes. Seek advise from your health provider for any treatment you want to try or you run the risk of life and limb.

No comments:

Post a Comment