Friday, January 10, 2014

home made natural wipes


Some wise guy said a century ago that freedom is necessity understood, and more sympathetic I cannot be. I know that nobody forces me to apply makeup every day, but then again the very thought of leaving house without it gives me shivers down my spine. I don’t particularly dislike makeup, but what I don’t really enjoy is taking it of time after time, still I don’t complain too much about the process itself.
Spending a lot of money on makeup remover wipes that do nothing more than to undo all my efforts doesn’t sound as fair and is particularly frustrating. The moment I understood that complaining about this reality won’t help, I began searching about alternatives to expensive commercial products. I’m proud to announce that a do-it-yourself makeup wipes will save you money and even time, because you can make a lot of them in one short session.
diy-Makeup-remover-wipes
Don’t be afraid about the effects, because removing makeup will not take longer and there is not even the slightest sign of discomfort. Even if you were used with the top-of-the-line products, a couple of paper towels with baby wash, coconut oil and some purified water will meet your expectations. I got so hooked on these homemade makeup remover wipes that I have to admit that I have my bag packed with them and I use them whenever the opportunity appears. The truth is that you can never have too many refreshing wipes on you, and they can do much more than remove makeup.
You’ll Need:
Microwaveable bowl
Purified water or distilled water (to inhibit the growth of mold)
Coconut oil
Tear-free baby wash
Container with a lid that snaps into place
Roll of paper towels
Utility knife
Tip: I added some Tea Tree Oil on this batch because of its anti-fungal/anti-bacterial properties and so far, no mold as of yet and its almost two weeks!
Also, if you have some issue with the coconut oil becoming slightly solid in spots when the container has been in a room that is cooler than its melting point, I usually try to rub the oil back into the wipes and the warmth of my fingers melts it up again.
newPostLabel_Instructions1In a microwaveable bowl, mix 2 cups of purified water, 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, and 2 squirts of baby wash.
diy-makeup-wipes
Warm the mixture in the microwave for a few seconds and stir. Now you’re ready for the “wipe” part of the project!
2Measure the paper towels to fit into the container and cut them width-wise with a sharp knife to fit.
diy-makeup-remover
3Place the roll into the container and pour your makeup remover mixture over it.
makeup-remover-wipes
Replace the lid and turn the container over to soak. Leave for five minutes, then turn it over and remove the cardboard center.
4Cut a small “X” in the lid to pull the wipes through.
makeup-wipes
That’s it! Store according to your laziness level.
Makeup-remover-wipes

No comments:

Post a Comment