Thursday, January 2, 2014

DIY Peel Off Mask – Blackhead Removal

Many times I went to a beauty salon to have a highly trained professional apply an expensive mask, then patiently waited for breathtaking results. It’s hard not to think about the fact that you might get ripped off, and if the results don’t meet your expectations, this seed of doubt will only grow. It took me quite a while to take matters into my own hands, because my misconceptions about making peel-off masks at home got the better of me.
It is neither complicated nor expensive to make such a mask, and some of the most effective ones require nothing more than a few tissues and an egg white. Blackheads gave me headaches for years, and if it wasn’t for the expensive cosmetic procedures, I would’ve probably gone mental over them. When something sounds too good to be true, it usually is but in this particular case the inexpensive peel-off mask worked wonders.
I didn’t expect the first experiment to work, so when I saw the blackheads on the tissue after removing it, I felt like discovering plutonium by chance.
DIY-Pore-Strips

Before using this routine, make sure to clean and steam your face to open up the pores and allows effective pore cleansing.
newPostLabel_Instructions
  • Beat the egg white lightly.
  • Apply the egg white mixture to your face
  • Place a thin tissue on your egg-white brushed face and pat gently so the thin tissue would adhere.
  • Apply another layer of egg white over the first thin layer of tissue.
  • Leave it until completely dry.
  • Once the egg white has completely dries, gently peel off the tissue in upward direction.
  • Rinse with warm water and splash with cold water to close the pores.
  • Apply moisturizer as usual.
The beauty of these homemade mask is that there is a huge variety to choose from, and the women who resort to these cosmetic treatments are more than willing to share their knowledge. By simply following the steps and taking the time to understand the process thoroughly, you can’t go wrong and results will soon follow.
Although my main concern was to remove blackheads, I found the “side effects” just as satisfying, as the mask also deep cleanses the skin and on the long run, it controls oiliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment