Sunday, January 5, 2014

DIY Mineral Veil Powder – Pay Much Less for the Same Effects


I don’t have a problem with most cosmetic products, at least not in terms of how they enhance my looks, but sometimes I can’t help but feeling ripped off. I do my due diligence and undertake research to make sure that the product I buy is not unhealthy and it delivers the kind of results that it promises to do, but there is little I can do about the price.
Every now and then, I come across homemade remedies that deliver comparable results without the steep bill attached to them, and I found this DIY Mineral Veil powder from Reese. It piqued my attention because it’s super cheap and it works as the real stuff. If you take a closer look on the ingredients, you will notice that cornstarch is the main ingredients on your Mineral Veil powder plus some iron oxides for colors. See, Bare Minerals costs about $20.00…. but this DIY version will cost you less than a dollar.
DIY-mineral-veil

So, I’d like to tell you how to cut corners when applying our beloved mineral veil face powder which would normally set you back double digit figures. Assuming you are using the best there is in cosmetic shops, you know exactly how I feel when I get the receipt for the few items I’ve added to the basket. The alternative for mineral face powders starts with cornstarch, an ingredient that is present in most if not all of the commercial product of similar nature and purpose.

You’ll Need:

1 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon baby powder
mint sifter container or jar
Pinch of powder foundation (this is optional if you wish some color)
In an old powder container, mix the ingredients together or you can add a sprinkle of powder foundation or cocoa powder for color, but this is optional. You just saved yourself $20.
This DIY Mineral veil is a weightless shine-reducing powder, perfect for all skin tones. Dust this powder on top of your foundation to set your makeup in place and eliminate excess oil for that flawless air-brushed look.
DIY-Mineral-veil
The fact that you can use it at home, add some cocoa power and a little baby powder into the mix and still spend only a fraction of the usual amount is amazing. Apply it in the same manner and make sure you don’t inhale the powder because the fine particles can cause damage to your lungs. The same applies to commercial products though and the homemade alternative isn’t more harmful.
DIY-mineral-veil

No comments:

Post a Comment